úterý 11. ledna 2011

Now I´m going to be quiet


Gustaf pro švédský časopis Chic... 
 
o... Using the ego as a tool:

This business feeds on elitist thinking. We´re dependant on radio stations and people seeing us live, so the oxygen in popular music is that peole like what you´re doing. And because of that, there´s a lot of pressure on the front men and the hit songs. My job is to find the ego and put it as far ahead as possible.

Loving the job:

My passion for Mando Diao might not be as big today as it was when we started, but I´m still passionate about what I do. If I don´t want to be on stage, I get off it. If I don´t want to be on tour, I go home. I´m more selective nowadays, but when I´m on stage I have to be passionate about it to cope. The process of creating music has grown over the years, but the rest I don´t know... Being a rock star has lost its charm.

Working with Björn Dixgård:


Me and Björn have always worked well together and we´re very close. That feels incredibly good. Some people are always on their way to cross the line, one more mistake and I´ll never talk to them again, but Björn is nowhere near the line. We fight, scream, argue and cry, but it never makes me want to end our friendship.

Why he likes listening to Hip-Hop:

Hip-hop speaks to the dirtiest feelings we as human beings have and that´s exactly what I want to satisfy. I want to listen to music with the same part of my brain that does things stealthily, the part of my brain that I don´t want to show to other people. Swedish indie music is too correct. It´s like when mum is in the couch with her little dog watching ´Fråna Doktorn´

The backside of fame:

In my position it´s easy to act like a diva unintentionally and sometimes I´m mean to people who like me, to fans. It´s often about doing something at the wrong place and wrong time. I feel like a cold manager for a big company sometimes when I have to say no. If I know I could have acted differently, I feel like an idiot, kind of like a king´s buddies. It´s about misusing your position.


His most annoying characteristic:

I take so much space. Sometimes when we´re doing interviews and Björn is about to say something. I take the words right out of his mouth and cut him off, just like that. I sometimes decide that ´Now I´m going to be quiet´ but ten seconds later I´m thinking ´What the hell is he saying?´ and I have to interrupt him anyway.


Alcohol:

I don´t like the intoxicant alcohol. I like having some wine or beer because it tastes good, but I don´t like to get drunk and I´m not drunk very often because I hate the way I act when I´m. I hardly ever reach that state now though, I go to bed instead.  

The reputation about his arrogance:

Many people think that I´m arrogant and people who meet me often say that I´m not. ´Oh, you´re so nice and kind,´ they say, in a tone of surprise. But I don´t think that means I´m nice, because I´m not that nice. I just think it means I´m nicer that they thought I would be.


The love for his kids:

I can wake up in the middle of the night and have my little daughter lying next to me looking so beautiful that I just have to wake her up, even though I know that means several hours of chaos. I just can´t help it.

2 komentáře: