pondělí 25. července 2011

Kärlek - Peace & Love III

It´s raining a little bit and it´s not exactly nice summer weather. Today is The day. We arrived at about 11 am at the venue. Apart from two girls the place is empty. This is the very moment when you realize what Mando Diao do to people. Force them to do crazy stuff. Stuff that they would never do if they didn´t get to know them. Sitting in the mud, not caring about the dirty clothes, the fine rain, the discomfort. Just to be able to stand in the first row. Just to be right there. At the scene of the crime. We did exactly the same. But the waiting is not that long, it´s four hours till the gates open and then two and half an hour till the concert starts. Nothing we hadn´t undergone before. For Mando Diao.

Then the race begins. When I say race I mean it literally. Our little run in Berlin has nothing to do with Borlänge sprint. Nothing can stop us not even the orders: Inte springa! We catch nice place with amazing front view to the stage. It´s nothing but truth. And right at half past five Daniel comes and when he touches the piano whole Dalarna is full of a song with the same name. It´s here and it makes sense. It´s wonderful and powerful. Right now. It´s in the air. Something that gets shape after a few minutes when the rest of the band enter the podium. Love.


For the next ninety minutes the world outside doesn´t exist. There´s no point in nothing but this moment in this place. In Borlänge with Mando Diao.

People around me freak out during the classic ones such as God Knows, Long Before Rock´n´Roll, Sheepdog and of course Dance With Somebody. It surprises me that even in Borlänge people stare at you when you sing the less known songs together with the band. Leave Me Be, Your Lover´s Nerve don´t have so enthusiastic echo, not around me. But I don´t care. At all. There is no one next to me. No audience, no guards in front of me. Not tonight. It´s just that fucking love I feel. Stupid pathetic feeling that fills me every time I see them live. And maybe it´s not that pathetic as I might think. It´s just the truth.


Dance With Somebody surprises again. The energy is contagious. I somehow know that Björn will come down to the audience and the phrase being at the right place in the right time makes today even more sense than before. Well, touching Björn is like going to the church...:)


Nothing ends with the end of the show. The night is young. There is Bob Dylan concert, Twinflower band and also Håkan Hellström that I wanna see just out of pure curiosity. We´re hanging around with our huge flag around us (yeah they didn´t have smaller). Something I would never do. Simply because I´m not that patriotic as it probably seemed at Peace & Love. 
“What´s the name of the country again?”  is the most common comment on our nationality.  We proudly repeat it even there is not that much to be proud of. 


While Bob Dylan sounds from the distance, we´re taking a nap and absorb what has happened this evening. There is so much to happen still. We don´t know it yet. For some people it´s so insignificant, for Mando Diao fans is simply awesome. For me it´s unbelievable. Little senses, huge coincidences and memories to be remembered.

Twinflower band concert is unforgettable especially because of the presence of the whole Mando Diao band among the audience. Now it´s the time when the festival should start not end.  It all happened too fast, as always. On the other hand I feel like I was in Borlänge for years.

We have one more day, the day when the city is left empty, when all the festival visitors are leaving, the streets are sad and everything is closed. Except one little music store. Here we bought Johnossi and Sugarplum Fairy CDs and listened to interesting stories from the store owner.

Now it´s raining a lot. And it´s cold. And I´m tired and hungry. This is the last day. There´s nothing to do in this lonesome dirty town, but for a short brief moment I thought I understood. Following the dreams, however illogical it might seem to the others, is the only meaningful thing I know. I don´t want to change, never. I hope I´ll end up in this lonely rainy street more than once more. 

This also can happen when you follow your dreams. You can meet them by coincidence.

Žádné komentáře:

Okomentovat